How to Prevent Rust on a Shower Curtain
- 1). Mix 1 cup white vinegar with about ½ cup baking soda inside of your spray bottle. The two ingredients prevent rust stains from appearing on the curtain.
- 2). Open the shower curtain as much as possible. This allows excess water to drain back into the shower or tub.
- 3). Spray parts of the curtain, such as metal rings used to attach the curtain to a rod, with the cleaning solution. Spray the rest of the curtain if you wish to clean its entire surface.
- 4). Leave the solution on the curtain for roughly five to ten minutes.
- 5). Wipe the curtain clean with a dampened cloth or sponge.
- 6). Dry the curtain thoroughly with a soft towel or cloth. Inspect the portions of the curtain that attract rust and make sure those areas are completely dry before finishing.
- 7). Repeat this cleaning process after every shower to keep rust off the curtain.